Friday, April 25, 2008

North Africa

I have arrived back from Algeria after doing a survey of a LNG gas plant that is undergoing a refurbishment of a new gas train to replace two that exploded in 2002 killing 27 people As you will notice its a beautiful climate
It is a shame that there regime as not gone for a big tourist industry to go along with there fuel resourses as the beach's and the countryside is on a par with none.
This is a view from my hotel room as you can see by the time marker I arrived early Monday but unfortunatly i only had a couple of hours before I was transported my some Ex military service men to the contractors work site

3 comments:

dot said...

Wow, great shots! Sounds like a nice but scary adventure.

Tom said...

Glad to have you back John.. I'll try and call up Sunday... if I can get any Diesel or very expensive veg oil... in a bit it will be cheeper to cook with bloody diesil.. £2.98 for 3ltr of Morrisons finest.. what a cheek. Rabbit Lane is a nice Lane John.. Tina would love the cottages there.. it is narrow in parts but the survice is easy.. it as just been upgraded to a BOAT.. Byway Open To All Traffic.. So John .. can you get hold of a Bus.. ha!

JohnR said...

Fantastic its made me go googling to find out more very interesting
Its make me wonder what i'll find on my own back door providing old womtig as not found it already